Taf.cop.Dgtelecom.Gov In is a government-operated portal designed to monitor and address fraud-related concerns within the Telecom Department. Tafcop is an acronym for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection.
In the past, acquiring a new SIM card often led to rampant fraud, with individuals obtaining SIM cards under false identities. However, this issue has been largely mitigated through the introduction of eKYC procedures involving fingerprint verification.
Taf.cop.Dgtelecom.Gov In has been established by the Government of India to safeguard consumers against identity theft and to oversee activities within the Telecom department. Users can access this Portal to report inactive numbers that have not been used for an extended period. Telecommunication service providers will then be alerted to these reports and can take appropriate action, including blocking or deactivating the reported numbers. This portal offers a comprehensive solution for resolving various issues related to mobile numbers, ensuring consumer protection and fraud management.
Advantages of Utilizing this Portal
The Portal offers users a range of advantages, including:
- Comprehensive Information: Users can access not only the rules and regulations but also a plethora of benefits outlined below.
- Identity Protection: Individual users are allowed to purchase up to 9 phone numbers. In the event of attempting to acquire an additional eSim with the same identity, an alert message will be sent to their registered mobile number. This feature ensures that users are promptly notified if someone else attempts to use their identity for sim card purchases.
- Management for High-Volume Subscribers: Subscribers who have purchased more than 9 sim cards can effectively manage their subscriptions and take necessary actions through the Portal.
- Sim Card Status Checking: Users can conveniently check the status of their sim cards by providing the required information.
List of States and Union Territories Where the Portal Service Is Providing Assistance:
- Andhra Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Ladakh (Leh)
- Andaman and Nicobar Island